25th Annual Awards Ceremonies Honor 12 New Members
The Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame inducted its 25th annual class on Wednesday, November 4, 2015. Therese Forton-Barnes, president of the Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame welcomed more than 850 attendees and guests, including several inductees from previous years there to celebrate the Sports Hall of Fame’s momentous 25th year. Paul Peck, voice of UB Buffalo Bulls football, was Master of Ceremonies for the evening’s inductions ceremonies.
Mascots from the Bisons, Bills and Sabres, along with several mascots representing area colleges and universities were on hand to meet and greet guests as they arrived at the Buffalo Niagara Convention Center. For a second year, Mike Schopp and Chris ‘The Bulldog’ Parker of WGR Sports Radio 550 broadcast live prior to the induction ceremonies dotting their sports talk show with inductee interviews. Janet Snyder, Kiss 98.5 Morning show host, was the evening’s Red Carpet interview host.
The 2015 Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame Inductees:
• Al Bemiller – Buffalo Bills Standout Center/Guard
• Art Clark – WNY Auto Racing Legend
• Liz Johnson – Ground-breaking Bowling Champion
• Aaron Miller – NHL and Olympic Defenseman
• Mike Rappl – Award-winning Canisius Softball Coach
• Keith Robinson – Grover Cleveland & Notre Dame Basketball Star
• Robert L. Smith – Renowned Buffalo Sports Photographer
• John Tavares – Buffalo Bandits and NLL All-time Leading Scorer
The Pride of Western New York inducted posthumously:
• George Daddario – Buffalo Bisons / Braves PR Director (Pride of Western New York)
• David Koch – New Era Cap Executive (Pride of Western New York)
• Jim Konstanty – National League MVP Pitcher (Pride of Western New York)
• Larry Wilson – Buffalo Hockey Bisons All-Time Leading Scorer (Pride of Western New York)
The Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame honors those who have enhanced our lives with their performances and commitment to Western New York sports, an effort surpassed only by the positive impressions they have left on our athletes of tomorrow.
Proceeds from the dinner, auction and raffle benefit the Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame Amateur Sports Development Fund.