Amateur Sports Development Fund
The Amateur Sports Development Fund (ASDF) has been assisting Western New York amateur athletes and organizations since 1993. It was originally set-up to assist the World University Games, however over the past 20+ years, more than 100 organizations have benefited from the fund with the total amount distributed in excess of $120,000. Money is awarded to amateur athletes, teams and organizations seeking financial assistance to foster the pursuit of a higher level of athletic achievement.
The Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame donated a total of $12,000 to 8 Western New York youth groups and individuals as part of its Amateur Sports Development Fund. The announcement was made jointly with the announcement of the 2016 Hall of Fame Class, at the Ballroom in the Buffalo Niagara Convention Center by GBSHOF Board president Therese Forton-Barnes.
2016 donations recipients:
- Babcock Boys Club – Purchase of new gym wall mats
- Cheektowaga Little Loop Cheerleading – Purchase of uniforms
- Hope Chest Dragon Boat – Purchase safety equipment for team
- Arielle Nealy – Purchase new racquet stringing machine; travel to Zonals
- North Tonawanda Athletic Association – Purchase of new field paint sprayer
- St. John Vianney – Purchase 2 permanent basketball hoops
- Thomas Shantler – Purchase of new skis
- Town of Tonawanda Aquettes Synchronized Swimming – Purchase of new computer equipment
The ASDF committee reviewed several applications for funds this year. Groups seeking financial assistance in 2016 can complete the application – Click here to download asdf-application »
Amateur Sports Development Fund Donors – Thank you for supporting amateur athletes, teams and organizations in their pursuit of a higher level of athletic achievement