Apply for Funds
The Board of Directors of the Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame is now accepting applications for funding from its Amateur Sports Development Fund.
Deadline to submit an application for funding is May 9, 2016.
The Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame Amateur Sports Development Fund has been assisting area groups since 1993 when it originally provided support to the World University Games. A portion of the proceeds from the Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame Annual Induction Dinner held each fall is endowed to the ASDF for disbursement. Funds are awarded to amateur athletes, teams and organizations seeking financial assistance to foster the pursuit of a higher level of athletic achievement.
The criteria for the selection of athletes, teams and organizations to be considered for funding from the Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame Amateur Sports Development Fund are listed below. To qualify for funds:
- The athlete, team or organization must be amateur in nature and must be from the Greater Buffalo region.
- The athlete, team or organization may apply for a specific need or piece of equipment if it will serve to improve performance levels in a competitive event (example: new skis for a downhill racer who will represent Buffalo in a national competition).
- The athlete, team or organization may also apply for funding of a capital project to improve their facilities (example: money to help build a concession stand or new field/ court).
- If seeking funds for travel to an event, competition must be national or international in nature and selection to compete in the event must have been achieved via some qualifying process as opposed to subjective selection or invitation by a coach or committee.
- Requests other that those highlighted in numbers 2, 3, and 4 above will be given “non-priority” consideration.
- The committee will only grant monies for purposes OTHER THAN supplementing an organization’s normal operating budget.
- Awards can be granted for repeat applications from athletes, teams or organizations provided the purpose for the request is NOT THE SAME AS THE PRIOR AWARD.
- The application must be complete and received as far as possible in advance of the date needed.
The Amateur Sports Development Fund Committee will review all applications and make recommendations to the Board of Directors of the Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame for the disbursement of funds.